Why choose Cambridge O Level Biology?
Cambridge O Levels are established qualifications that keep pace with educational developments and trends. The Cambridge O Level curriculum places emphasis on broad and balanced study across a wide range of subject areas. The curriculum is structured so that students attain both practical skills and theoretical knowledge. Cambridge O Level Biology is recognised by universities and employers throughout the world as proof of knowledge and understanding.
Successful Cambridge O Level Biology candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
- a better understanding of the technological world, with an informed interest in scientific matters
- the ability to recognise the usefulness (and limitations) of scientific method, and how to apply this to other disciplines and in everyday life
- the development of relevant attitudes, such as a concern for accuracy and precision, objectivity, integrity, enquiry, initiative and inventiveness
- further interest in, and care for, the environment
- a better understanding of the influence and limitations placed on scientific study by society, economy, technology, ethics, the community and the environment
- the development of an understanding of the scientific skills essential for both further study at Cambridge International A Level and in everyday life.
Assessment at a Glance
This syllabus is examined in the June and November examination series. This syllabus is available to private candidates. However, it is expected that private candidates learn in an environment where practical work is an integral part of the course. Candidates will not be able to perform well in this assessment or progress successfully to further study without this necessary and important aspect of science education.
Combining this with other syllabuses
Candidates can combine this syllabus in an examination series with any other Cambridge syllabus, except: • syllabuses with the same title at the same level • 0653 Cambridge IGCSE Combined Science • 0654 Cambridge IGCSE Co-ordinated Sciences (Double) • 5129 Cambridge O Level Combined Science Please note that Cambridge O Level, Cambridge IGCSE and Cambridge International Level 1/Level 2 Certificate syllabuses are at the same level.